HRH, The Princess Royal
Chancellor of University of London
Her Royal Highness, The Princess Royal is our Chancellor.
Her role involves representing the University at a wide range of engagements each year. The Princess Royal has been Chancellor since 1981 and is the 10th person to hold the post since our foundation.
List of past Chancellors
- 1981– present Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal
- 1955–1980 Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother
- 1932–1955 Alexander Cambridge, 1st Earl of Athlone
- 1929–1931 William Lygon, 7th Earl of Beauchamp
- 1902–1929 Archibald Philip Primrose, 5th Earl of Rosebery & 1st Earl of Midlothian
- 1899–1902 John Wodehouse, 1st Earl of Kimberley
- 1893–1899 Farrer Herschell, 1st Baron Herschell
- 1891–1893 Edward Henry Stanley, 15th Earl of Derby
- 1856–1891 Granville George Leveson-Gower, 2nd Earl of Granville
- 1836–1856 Sir William Cavendish, 2nd Earl of Burlington (later 7th Duke of Devonshire)