Webinar Code of Conduct
The University of London is committed to providing a friendly, professional safe and welcoming experience for all attendees to our Reduce the Juice: Connect webinar series.
To help us ensure that our time together is positive and productive, we ask that participants abide by the following expectations:
- All attendees are expected to maintain professional and civil discourse throughout each webinar. Attendees are likely to hear some views with which they do not agree, which is common in an academic space. We encourage attendees to consider views that differ from their own with an open mind and respond to differences in a respectful manner.
- Attendees can use the chat feature in Teams to leave comments and questions throughout the event. A member of our staff will be monitoring the chat during each session.
- To help keep background noise to a minimum, we ask that participants remain on mute when they are not speaking. Should there be opportunities to unmute, such as for Q&A, we will be sure to let you know.
Images and recordings:
The webinar is recorded and uploaded to YouTube at a later date. Registration and attendance at, or participation in, Reduce the Juice: Connect webinars constitutes an agreement by the attendee to UoL’s use and distribution (now and in the future) of the attendee's image or voice in photographs, videos, electronic reproductions and audio of such events and activities.
We will not tolerate the following:
- Violent threats or language.
- Discriminatory or derogatory jokes and language.
- Posting sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting, or threatening to post, people’s personally identifying information.
- Insults, especially those using discriminatory terms or slurs.
- Behaviour that could be perceived as sexual attention.
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behaviours.
The University of London is committed to facilitate a workplace and culture of learning that promotes responsible and ethical behaviour.
We expect you to be professional, considerate, respectful and collaborative with all whom you come into contact: from fellow online event attendees to staff and volunteers involved with our virtual experience. We value you, your safety and your participation, and we appreciate your help in making our Reduce the Juice: Connect webinars the very best they can be.