Research Integrity & Annual Statements
The University recognises that its academic staff are respected scholars who need to be working at the cutting edge of research in their chosen fields. Through their personal engagement in research, they are better able to identify and nurture important developments in those areas, contributing to the role of the University in promoting new research agendas.
Our research strategy identifies cross-institute strengths and creates new research clusters in addition to enhancing those which already exist.
We have been highly successful in attracting external funding from research councils and a variety of public and private bodies, and we intend to continue this by developing new strategies and collaborations. (University of London Strategy)
The University is committed to carrying out its research within a comprehensive ethical framework. (Link to UOL Research Ethics Policy). We expect all our researchers, students, fellows and staff to uphold the highest professional standards of research integrity:
- All researchers are expected to be honest in respect of their own actions in research and in their responses to the actions of other researchers.
- This applies to the whole range of research, including generating and analysing data, publishing results, and acknowledging the direct and indirect contributions of colleagues.
- Plagiarism, deception or the falsification or fabrication of results is regarded as a serious disciplinary offence.
- All researchers are encouraged to report cases of suspected misconduct and to do so in a responsible and appropriate manner.
- All researchers must declare any real or potential conflicts of interest before undertaking their research.
See our Code of Good Practice in Research for more details.
Research Integrity Annual Statements
The University is committed to maintaining the highest standards of rigour and integrity in all aspects of research and to meeting its obligations under the Universities UK Concordat to Support Research Integrity and the UK Research and Innovation Policy and Guidelines on Governance of Good Research Conduct.
As a component of this commitment, the University requires that all research projects undertaken under the auspices of the University observe the University Code of Good Conduct in research and all its associated policies and guidance as laid out here [UOL page].
In accordance with its obligations, the University provides annually a report on research integrity and misconduct. A copy of this annual report is published on the University Research Integrity webpage [UoL page link]. All published statements are sent to the secretariat of the signatories to the Concordat.
The University’s statements are published below and will be updated shortly.Research Integrity Statement 2022 final.pdf (610.87 KB) Research Integrity Statement 2021 - UOL_Final.pdf (216.47 KB) 2020_Research Integrity Statement University of London .pdf (180.97 KB) 2019_UOL Research Integrity Statement_final.pdf (405.33 KB)