Library membership for current students and staff
Learn about membership for current students and staff (including Emeritus Professors) at the University of London including its federation members.
Current students and staff (including Emeritus Professors) at the Colleges and Institutions listed below are eligible for free membership of Senate House Library on production of a current institutional ID card.
Please register online before you come into the Library.
Join the Library
How to register for Senate House Library without attending the Library
Senate House Library is pleased to offer University of London Students and central UoL staff remote electronic registration.
In order to complete your membership you will have to submit your college email address.
- Complete the relevant registration form
- Follow the instructions on the email to complete your membership
- When your membership is complete, you can register for the Library App with your Library membership number for cardless access to Senate House Library and BLOOM@Senate House
- If you have an existing membership use the Renew link
- If you do not know your barcode number please contact email@example.com
Visit our A-Z list of eResources. Please note, our online e-membership is valid for 4 months. You can renew within 14 days of the expiry date.
Students and staff
Birkbeck College, University of London
Important: check Birkbeck's website for access arrangements and documentation required.
|Royal Central School of Speech and Drama|
|City, University of London||Royal Holloway|
|Courtauld Institute of Art||Royal Veterinary College|
|Goldsmiths’ College||St George’s, University of London|
|Institute of Cancer Research||School of Advanced Study|
|King’s College London||School of Oriental and African Studies|
|London Business School||University College London|
|London School of Economics and Political Science||University of London in Paris|
|London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine||Royal Academy of Music|
|Queen Mary, University of London|
University of London Worldwide
University of London Worldwide Students
Students enrolled with the University of London Worldwide can join the Library free of charge. Membership includes a 10 book borrowing allowance, access to all reading rooms and study areas, and on-site access to Senate House Library digital resources.
To join, proof of your enrolment with the University of London Worldwide is required. This can be any of the following:
- A University of London virtual ISIC student card (which must have the University of London logo in the top right-hand corner).
- The Welcome (or Welcome back) email you receive when you register on your Programme (received within the last 12 months).
- Current students can show on their device that they are able to successfully log on to the Worldwide Student Portal.
Photographic ID and proof of address are required. Find out more about ID requirements for membership.