Skip to main content
Senate House Library

Overseas universities

Membership information for current academic staff and individuals studying for a research degree (e.g. PhD, MPhil) at overseas universities.

Please register online before you come into the Library.

Photographic ID (such as a passport or driving licence) and proof of address (such as a recent utility bill or bank statement) are required, along with a current university ID card as evidence of your status as an academic staff member or research student at your university.  However, if your university card does not specifically indicate that you are academic staff or a research student a letter from your department detailing your status is also required.

Please note: we do not issue letters of invitation to visit the library.

Non-UK Students and academic staff at other universities (PhD, MPhil) with valid IDFree reference onsite access

Current undergraduate and taught postgraduate students at overseas universities

This membership includes a 10 book borrowing allowance and onsite access to our eResources. Please note – a valid university ID card or a letter from your academic department is required as evidence of student status along with photo ID and proof of address.

3 months£85.00
1 year£240.00

Day tickets and reference only options are also available.

Renew online

If you have previously registered with the Library as a member of a UK University and are still a member of that University, you can renew your Library membership by emailing a copy of your current University ID card. We will then contact you to arrange payment via the University of London Online Store.

Register online, non UK universities.

ID requirements for Library membership.

Pre-register online, using the form below:

(Register here if you are a University of London student or staff.)  

SHL - Register online other universities
Personal details
Membership details