Fines and charges
The replacement charge for lost books is £50.00 per item. The Library accepts replacement copies for lost or damaged items. The book should be an exact replacement of the item lost. The library will accept second hand copies in good condition. Please contact the relevant Research Librarian if you require further information regarding replacing the lost book.
Please note: once you have either replaced or paid for a lost book, no refund can be provided if you subsequently find the missing item, or it is later returned to the library.
Lost library cards may be replaced for a £5.00 fee.
Paying a fine
- You can pay online via the University of London Online Store.
- You can pay any fines at the 4th floor Service or Membership desks using cash, or a debit or credit card
- Alternatively, you can telephone the library on 020 7862 8460 during opening hours and a member of staff will take your card details
- For advice regarding fines, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Billed” items – when the Library bills you for loss of a book
- After 34 days we assume an overdue book may be lost and we will bill you for a replacement.
- You will not need to pay this if you still have the book – if this is the case please get in touch with us.
- If you have lost a book, the bill for a replacement copy is £50.
- If you pay the £50 replacement charge, or replace the book yourself, we will waive any fines for the late return of the book.
- Please note, overdue fines cannot be waived if you fail, for whatever reason, to receive a courtesy notice.
Accessing the Library – with fines, or if a book has been recalled
- If a book has been recalled, you will be prevented from renewing it and must return the book by its due date to prevent fines accruing. In this way you will avoid overdue charges and contribute to a more efficient reservation service.
- If you have an overdue book that has been recalled, you will be prevented from renewing any of your other books online until the recalled book has been returned, although you can renew the other books by phone or at the library 4th floor Service Desk
- If you have a billed book, you will be unable to use the Library until the billed book has been returned or replaced
- You may view any existing fines by logging in to your account and selecting unpaid fines
Renewing books – if your membership has expired, but your course is continuing
If your Senate House Library card has expired, but you are continuing your course, please visit the Membership Desk with the correct ID and staff will be able to renew your membership and then renew your books. Please note that books will continue to accrue fines after your membership has expired, until you come in with your new correct id. If you are having problems obtaining the correct id., please contact email@example.com.