The first part to this module will develop critical understandings of branding that will hold relevance both inside and outside the domain of marketing practice.
This module is best suited to students who are open to new ideas, are self-motivated, willing to read extensively and contribute widely to online discussions. You need to be curious about the nature of contemporary consumption, markets and culture.
The second part to this module aims to provides you with a strategic perspective on contemporary marketing communication management within an international context. It will offer an integrated understanding of advertising and promotion from both a managerial and a cultural perspective.
Main topics of the module include:
- Theoretical approaches to understanding brands and branding
- Branding theories and the impact of marketing strategies
- Brand management approaches from a strategic perspective
- Advertising and promotional communication
- Alternative promotional communication theories and techniques
- Advertising from a cultural perspective
- Multiple choice question tests (30%)
- Online examination (70%)