Local teaching support
To study the CertHE you must register at an approved teaching centre that supports this programme. In this way, you benefit from local support and the facilities of a campus-style environment.
Find a local teaching centre for the programme.
When you register, we will give you access to your Student Portal. You can then access your University of London email account and other key resources:
The Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). Here, you can access electronic copies of all printed study materials, resources including audio-visual and revision guides, and forums to discuss course material and work collaboratively with others
Through the VLE you will be able to:
- access your online course materials which includes bite-sized learning activities specifically designed to aid your learning.
- access specially selected articles and e-texts to develop your learning
- take part in discussions with your tutor and other students.
- receive support for the examinations and coursework
- complete automated self-test exercises and submit assignments.
- access the Student Guide and Programme handbook. These contain information about examinations, University contacts and important dates.
- access the University of London Online Library. The Online Library provides access to over 100 million academic electronic items comprising E-books, E-journals, conference proceedings, etc. In addition, students can request items which are not held in the library via the library's Inter-Library loans service with the British Library.
- access Senate House Library. Senate House Library provides free reference access for all registered distance and flexible learning students.
- receive notices and other programme-related information.
- ask questions regarding the administration of the programme.
We are committed to delivering an exceptional student experience for all of our students, regardless of which of our programmes you are studying and whether you are studying independently or with a Recognised Teaching Centre.
You will have access to support through:
- The Student Advice Centre – provides support for application and Student Portal queries.
- TalkCampus – a peer support service that offers a safe and confidential way to talk about whatever is on your mind at any time of day or night.
Each course is examined by one written examination and one piece of coursework. You can sit examinations at any of our 400 examination centres around the world. Conversely, the coursework is submitted in the Virtual Learning Environment.
More about exams.