Business study skills and methods BA1050
- The lecture is therefore used to impart the main theoretical concepts, while the tutorial, which involves a much smaller number of students working together, is used as a forum where these ideas can be discussed and analysed with others.
- Planning your busy life schedule to ensure that you have enough time to devote to studying, models of change.
- Writing essays and assignments
- Why assignments are so important, and how to write a good one.
- Examination technique
- Research skills
- Quantitative methods
- Qualitative research methods
- Participate effectively in on-line tutorials.
- Understand the importance of managing time to ensure that adequate attention is given to studying.
- Search for and evaluate reading material from different sources that can provide useful insights into a given topic.
- Take notes effectively from material presented in different formats.
- Understand what is required in writing an academic assignment or an examination.
- Evaluate different approaches to research methodology used in the social sciences.
- Understand the differences between quantitative and qualitative research methods.
Unseen written exam (2 hours).
- The Good Study Guide (Northedge)