Fundamentals of International Business
Studying international business is essential for everyone who wants to be a well-rounded modern individual. Understanding the main features of the international business environment, mechanisms of cross-border business activities, and motivations to engage in these activities, will help you to make sense of the contemporary business context and navigate yourself in our complex world.
About this course:
This course provides essential knowledge about international business, its key actors and recent trends. It combines relevant theoretical frameworks with contemporary business cases and practitioner-oriented learning materials.
Students will be able to familiarise themselves with such concepts as globalisation, internationalisation, multinationals, and institutions, and see how they relate to each other, as well as draw implications to current business practices.
The topics we cover include:
- Internationalisation process
- Multinational enterprises
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Explain the context of international business - globalisation, multinational enterprises and foreign direct investment.
- Discuss the specifics of institutional environment in which international business operates.
- Identify the motivations for companies to engage in international business.