The Individual at Work and Globalisation
Gain an overview of contemporary subjects of interest in the field of organisational behaviour and examine the impact of globalisation on work.
Topics of work attitudes, identity at work, issues of work design including teamwork, contemporary communication at work, managing well-being at work and work-life balance, and individual career management are examined in this module.
The module also introduces the economic, political and institutional forces that shape the international mobility of work. From a comparative perspective, the module offers an overview of the economic policies, labour market regulations and socio-economic conditions that has affected work organisation on a global scale.
Main topics of the module include:
- Identity at work
- Job design and remote work
- Teamwork and virtual teams
- Capitalism, nations and globalisation
- The nature of work, labour process theory and globalisation
- Employment relations - from Fordism to neo-liberalism, waged labour to entrepreneurs.
- Multiple choice question tests (30%)
- Online examination (70%)