The objective of this module is to inspire among students an appreciation of the dynamic and expanding vistas of market opportunities offered by our contemporary world.
This module aims to advance students’ understanding of conceptual and practical aspects of international marketing and its management processes whilst also strengthening pertinent skills through the use of exercises and case studies. Students will develop the confidence to design strategies and plans for targeting international markets.
Main topics of the module include:
- International Marketing in contemporary times, including perspectives on culture & technological advances
- Analyzing the international business environment
- Selecting and targeting international markets
- Modes of entering and serving international markets
- Products and services for international markets
- International distribution
- International promotion
- International pricing
- Emerging markets, regions and market groups
- International marketing evaluation, organization and control.
On successful completion of this module, you will be expected to be able to:
- appreciate the ever-changing world of international marketing and its complex mix of opportunities and challenges
- understand how the international business environment affects and informs international marketing decisions
- understand the role of culture and advancing technologies in international marketing decisions
- understand the key strategic aspects of international marketing, including selecting target markets and entry modes and evaluating international market operations
- generate creative international marketing mix solutions to support international marketing objectives, mindful of the triple bottom line
- apply international marketing theory and tools to real world international marketing problems.
Coursework (30% weighting) - A reflective submission in the style of a blog (unpublished) of no more than 2000 words. This task requires students to write an engaging reflective commentary on how the future of international marketing might be influenced by global forces.
Examination (70% weighting) - An unseen written examination of 2 hour-duration.