Project management is full of varied and exciting challenges. By combining practical work with theory, you’ll explore these challenges and find ways to standardise and streamline the management process.
In this module, you’ll develop an understanding of the critical issues and applications of project management. You’ll study the tools and techniques involved at each stage of the project management life cycle, including project initiation, planning, execution, control and closure.
You’ll learn how to launch new products quickly and effectively, applying your knowledge of different activities and how they can add value to business.
Main topics of the module include:
- The project management process
- History and evolution of project management
- Project organisation and strategy
- Applying relevant industry standards
- Leadership and managing people
- Project management in practice.
On successful completion of this module, you will be expected to be able to:
- critically analyse the contemporary issues faced by project managers and the new approaches that can be used in the execution of projects.
- apply the principles, tools and techniques applicable from strategy formulation to execution of the project.
- distinguish world-class performance in project management and evaluate how to achieve this.
- plan, develop and execute good projects to completion, whilst managing teams, individuals and devising key performance targets to appraise, manage and lead projects and project teams.
- Multiple choice question test (25%)
- Coursework (75%): A written essay of a maximum of 2,000 words. The coursework is designed to check your progress, extend and reinforce concepts covered and also test individual performance.