Professional development and learning
Examine own self-development and learning while critically analysing key conceptual frameworks. Review and identify strategies for self-development, to develop an awareness of the issues with evaluating such approaches in their future professional careers.
- Who am I
- Professional and ethical practice
- Professional relationships
- Expectations and challenges
- Planning and goal setting
By completing this module, you will be able to:
- critically evaluate the conceptual foundations underpinning current and emerging understandings of professional development and learning.
- analyse and review the challenges to effective individual performance in contemporary organisations.
- analyse and review the challenges to effective interpersonal relationships in contemporary organisations.
- review and identify strategies for self-development of individuals and teams.
- evaluate understandings of self-development in relation to contemporary understandings of career development.
- demonstrate awareness of the importance of act ethically and professionally with a demonstrated commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity and to continuous personal and professional development.
A 3000-word learning and development report.
- Cunliffe, A. (2009) A very short, fairly interesting and reasonably cheap book about management, London: Sage.
- Pedler, M and Burgoyne, J A. (2007) Managers’ Guide to Self-Development, (5th edition) London: McGraw-Hill.