Student Voice Group
Student voice champions contribute to University governance over the internet.
If you are a current student, you can apply to join the Student Voice Group (SVG) as a student voice champion.
The SVG comments and provides a student perspective on projects and ideas the University is developing.
While not a representative body of students, it possesses an important advisory function to the University.
In the last two years, the SVG has given the University valuable input on a number of important matters including:
- The communication of changes to assessment arrangements in summer 2020 in response to COVID-19, and gave the University extensive feedback on the use of online assessment.
- Suggested improvements to the question set used on a survey of students to evaluate the use of online assessment in summer 2020, in a project led by the Centre for Distance Education.
- The various stages of development of two online employability modules, the second of which is due for release to students in 2021.
- Contributed ideas to the research design of the Learning Hours and Learning Strategies Centre for Distance Education project.
- Brainstorming on the future brand positioning for the University of London.
- The development of the peer-to-peer wellbeing and mental health support app Talk Campus.
- The development of online student societies.
- The recently relaunched alumni ambassador programme.
- Features of future programme models.
- SVG members have also been active contributors to the Official Student Blog and have participated in the University of London’s Athena Swan working group.
More information about the SVG can be found on the Student Portal.