London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Federation member information>
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a world-leading centre for research and postgraduate education in public and global health.
Today, LSHTM have over 4000 students studying by distance learning from over 150 countries.
LSHTM programmes will equip you with a comprehensive knowledge base and a toolkit of practical skills to develop a successful career in public and global health. All programmes play a key role in responding to public health challenges around the world.
LSHTM graduates go on to diverse career paths, becoming clinicians, policy-makers, academics and laboratory scientists, to name just a few.
Highly ranked in various university league tables, LSHTM was:
- First in the UK and third in the world for public health in Shanghai Ranking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2022.
- Second in the world for public, environmental & occupational health and fourth in the world for infectious diseases in the US News Best Global Universities Ranking 2022.
- First in the UK for publishing open access research and first in the UK for the proportion of academic research with women listed as authors in the 2023 CWTS Leiden Ranking.
- First in the UK for research impact, in tables published by the Times Higher Education for REF 2021.
- Awarded the Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education in 2021 for our world-leading work on COVID-19 and pandemic preparedness, and also in 2017 in recognition of our response to the 2014 Ebola epidemic in West Africa.
- Named University of the Year 2016 by Times Higher Education.