History Day 2023
History Day is a day for students, researchers and history enthusiasts to explore library, museum, archive and history collections across the UK and beyond. This year we return to an in-person fair for the first time since 2019, while retaining opportunities for organisations and attendees to join in online.
History Day 2023 will start with an interactive panel session at 11am, followed by the History Day Fair at 12 midday to 4pm.
Discovering historical collections | 11am - 12:5pm
Location and online: Woburn Suite Senate House and online via Zoom.
This interactive panel session will focus on ways of finding historical resources and collections. Our expert panel will introduce the services they manage, and will discuss current issues in discovery of historical collections. There will then be a chance for members of the audience (both online and in person) to ask questions.
Chair: Neil Stewart, Institute of Historical Research
- Kathryn Maude, The National Archives
- Luke Davis, Archives Portal Europe
- Jack Latimer, Community Archives and Heritage Group
- Jenny Lelkes-Rarugal, Bibliography of British and Irish History
History Day Fair | 12 miday to 4pm
Location: Beveridge and Macmillan Hall, Senate House
Discover over 50 libraries, archives, museums and history collections from across the UK and beyond at the History Day fair. Some exhibitors include:
- Archive of Market and Social Research
- Archives: Wigan & Leigh
- HOWL (History of Women’s Liberation)
- Imperial War Museums
- Mass Observation Archive
- Natural History Museum: Library and Archives
- SAS Institutes and Libraries
- Science Museum: Libraries & Archives
- The Guardian News & Media Archive
- Tyne & Wear Archives
- Zoological Society of London
And many more.......
Discover the full list of exhibitors via the Discover Collection website.
Join us in person or online, and on social media using the hashtag #HistDay23.