Senate House Library Research Days are back in February 2019
The Senate House Library Research Days series is back this year by popular demand. The Research Days are an opportunity to find out more about the Library’s world-class collections, and how they can support research projects in a wide range of topics and subject areas. SHL Research Days are being held on 19, 21, 26 & 28 February and booking is now open!
Who are they for?
• 3rd year undergraduates looking for MRes topics
• Masters students seeking PhD projects
• PhD students looking for ECR projects
• Academic staff looking for large-scale projects for research council funding
• Commercial digitisation partners
How do the research days run?
SHL Research Days consist of an overview of the subject area, followed by case studies presented by specialist Library and Academic staff outlining current or recent research based on Senate House Library’s collections. There will also be an opportunity to see a sample of original items from each area of the collections, and to talk to specialist library and academic staff about potential research topics the collections can support.
When and where do the research days run?
SHL Research Days are being held on 19, 21, 26 & 28 February in Seng Tee Lee room, 4th floor, Senate House Library.
This year’s programme will feature a range of sessions including:
- History of Journalism in the Commonwealth
- Politics of Peace
- Latin America: Film, Photography and Ephemera
- Magic & the Mind
- Manuscript & Book Studies
- Migration, Diasporas & Cultural Heritage
- Travel Writing & Literature
FREE - Booking required via Senate House Library’s exhibitions and events page (spaces are limited - 30 places per session only)
If you want to find out more please contact Shl.Whatson@london.ac.uk