University closure on the day of HM The Queen's funeral
The date of the funeral for Her Majesty The Queen has been confirmed as Monday 19 September, which will be a bank holiday in the UK. The University will be closed on the day of the funeral. Senate House Library and all of the SAS libraries will also be closed for the day of the funeral. University of London Institute in Paris (ULIP) – Monday 19 September is the first day we are due to welcome students to our campus in Paris. Therefore, we will be open as usual to start the term with our students, and we will do all we can to support them during their first week with us. Halls and facilities staff – It is anticipated that some of our operational staff will be required to be on site during the day. This will be communicated through line managers. Our student halls will be welcoming students as usual, staff will still be on hand to support students throughout the weekend, including on Monday.
- Travel during the period of national mourning: Travel advice for the mourning period - Transport for London and Travel advice for the mourning period - Network Rail
- It is anticipated there will be road closures around Bloomsbury on the day of the funeral – please check the latest information at Queen Elizabeth II - Camden Council
- More information for those interested in visiting Her Majesty’s Lying-in-State: Her Majesty The Queen’s Lying-in-State at the Palace of Westminster (Houses of Parliament) - GOV.UK
- National Moment of Reflection - GOV.UK
- Guidance on dealing with feelings of loss or grief: Get help with grief after bereavement or loss - NHS