Major expansion as University of London adds ten online degrees
The University of London (UoL) has launched ten new online programmes to begin in October, reacting to increased global interest sparked by the pandemic.
University of London Director of Online Education, Sam Brenton, said:
“Interest had been steadily growing in our world-class online degrees but the sudden shift of almost all university education from on-campus to online has lit a blue touch paper.”
“Distance learning is now coming into serious consideration for a greater proportion of students, including those who might normally opt for a traditional campus-based degree.”
An online qualification from a globally recognised provider such as University of London is an increasingly attractive option for those who want to minimise their student debt burden, and learn while they earn, wherever they are in the world.
UoL has a growing student population of more than 50,000 across 190 countries taking advantage of a diverse portfolio of over 100 distance learning degrees.
The new programmes are part of an ambitious expansion to serve the needs of students in the UK and all over the world, just as we have been doing for more than 150 years.
University of London's deep experience in distance learning means you are in safe hands - these degrees are a far cry from the 'Zoom lectures' of the pandemic, and are designed as ‘digital first’ degrees with content, activities, support, peer interaction and online assessment. This is learning designed for today’s world.
The new programmes are all under the academic direction of one of our member institutions and these are:
- MSc Computer Science - Academic direction by Birkbeck, University of London
- MSc Global Environment and Sustainability - Academic direction by Birkbeck, University of London
- MSc Management - Academic direction by Birkbeck, University of London
- BSc Marketing - Academic direction by Royal Holloway, University of London
- MSc Project Management - Academic direction by Royal Holloway, University of London
- MSc Accounting and Financial Management - Academic direction by UCL, University of London
- MSc Professional Accountancy - Academic direction by UCL, University of London - a new, updated version launches April 2022.
- MA Global Diplomacy - Academic direction by University of London - with new regional pathways for North America and Europe.
Welcoming the new courses, University of London's Vice-Chancellor Wendy Thomson OBE, said: “As the UK’s leading provider of distance learning worldwide, these new programmes show our commitment to extending and opening up opportunity to access higher education."
In 1858 we were the birthplace of long distance learning, enabling students outside of London to study for degrees. These new courses are a further extension of that proud tradition.