Dr Tim Gore OBE
Chief Executive Officer
Connect with me
I am responsible for the leadership of the University of London Institute in Paris. I bring to this role over 30 years experience of leadership of a great variety of teams and projects in a number of cultural and linguistic settings in Europe and Asia.
My main area of expertise is university strategy in an international context but I have also held diplomatic, business development, project management, marketing and lecturing roles. I have lived and worked in Sudan, Egypt, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai, Jordan, India, UK and France working for 20 years for the British Council before joining the University of Greenwich and then the University of London.
I was very pleased to have the opportunity to work at ULIP having led the global engagement work of the University of London International Programmes for the previous few years. I love the work that the University of London does, its strong values of inclusion and quality and its important history helping establish many subsequent universities in the UK and around the world. I have strong links with France as my wife is French and so half my family is based in the south of France. I love living in Paris which is an intriguing and I feel a very human city. I know the people in my neighbourhood which really feels like a village.
Paris is best seen on foot or on a bicycle – it is small enough to be accessible throughout and large enough to keep your interest and enthusiasm.
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Member Advisory Board Observatory on Borderless Higher Education
My main area of research is strategy applied in the context of universities. My doctoral thesis is a resource-based theory and dynamic capabilities theory analysis of university international strategies. I am also engaged in all aspects of higher education across borders. I am active as a speaker on many aspects of university work and on trends in higher education.
My first degree was a BTech in Archaeological Sciences. I have an MA in Applied Linguistics and an MBA and a Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) from the Univesrity of Bath. I was awarded the OBE in 2008 for services to the British Council.
- The Evolution of Transnational Education, published via Routledge
- Going Global: Fifth volume with M Stiasny 2015 (UCL IOE Publishing)
- Going Global: Fourth volume with M Stiasny 2015 (Emerald Group Publishing Ltd)
- Going Global: Third volume with M Stiasny, 2014 (Emerald Group Publishing Ltd)
- Going Global: identifying trends and drivers of international education with M Stiasny, 2013 (Emerald Group Publishing Ltd)
- Going Global: The Landscape for Policy Makers and Practitioners in Tertiary Education with M Stiasny (Emerald Group Publishing Ltd), 2012 (ISBN:978-0-85724-783-4) 230 pgs UK
- Brand Research, with L Nafees and O Krishnan (ISBN: 0230-32870-9)(Macmillan Publishers) New Delhi, 2010
Chapters in Books
- Structural Implications of MOOCs: Low grade tremors? In From Books to MOOCS? Emerging Models of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Portland Press 2016
- Do Networks Work? In Going Global: identifying trends and drivers of international education with M Stiasny, 2013 (Emerald Group Publishing Ltd)
- Innovative higher education, ACU yearbook, 2015
Articles in Peer Reviewed Journals
- The Academia Europaea & The Wenner-Gren Foundations Conference, Emerging Models of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: From Books to MOOCs? Wenner-Gren Center, Stockholm: Forthcoming
- Fishing Expedition: Successful ventures abroad depend on finding markets that fit. Research Fortnight April 9th 2014.
- Higher Education Across Borders: Models of Engagement and Lessons from Corporate Strategy. The Observatory on Borderless Higher Education, 2012
- Doing Business with India. The Observatory on Borderless Higher Education, January 2011
- Global research collaboration, lessons from practice for cross-border partnerships from the India-UK strategic alliance. The Observatory of Borderless Education, October 2008