Our aims and objectives
The Centre provides recognised expertise of the highest standards. We support a community of practice, promote collaboration and knowledge-sharing and provide a focus for the development of high-quality learning, teaching and assessment.
Our work is informed by and leads developments in research, pedagogy, practice and innovation. Learn more about us.
- Download a flyer that describes who we are and what we do (PDF).
- Download our latest report on our activities.
- To enhance the student experience and improve student achievement through the deployment of online and distance education.
- promote excellence in teaching that is focused on online and distance learning
- promote research into online and distance education within the University of London
- enhance online and distance learning and its status in higher education
- foster and evaluate pedagogic, technological and organisational innovation
- facilitate dissemination of best practice within the community of London Member Institutions, within the UK and internationally.
What we do
- coordinate an advocacy and development network in the University of London Federation, within the UK and internationally
- raise awareness of and promote discussion about learning and teaching innovation
- manage the distribution and monitoring of projects and Awards for the University of London
- provide training, capacity building, knowledge management, development funding and consultancy services
- organise development events including symposia, seminars and conferences
- manage the work of a panel of experts and specialists, to provide recognised expertise of the highest standards.