How do you renew books?
You can do this online:
In person at the Service Desk on the 4th floor.
- Using a self-issue machine on the 4th floor. When renewing your books, please check to make sure all items have been renewed successfully. Your receipt will give your new due date(s) and indicate if the renewals have been successful.
- Carrel occupants can issue 20 books to the carrel. These are for use only within the carrel and are issued for one week at a time. Books may be renewed online by manually entering the details off of your carrel key ring fob - enter the carrel name e.g. carrel A the and full membership number on the fob, e.g. 01999 ......or by taking the books to staff at the Service Desk
Books returned or renewed late incur fines. It’s your responsibility to return or renew them on time. While every effort is made to contact readers, we cannot confirm or guarantee delivery of Library reminder notices.
Why can’t you renew a book?
- Another reader has requested it.
- There are fines or charges over £10.00 on your Library card.
- You were using your carrel allowance and your carrel occupancy has expired.
- You have another overdue book on your account that has been recalled for use by another reader.
- Your membership card has expired.
If your card has expired, but you are continuing your course, please visit the Membership Desk with the correct ID and staff will be able to renew your books.
Having outstanding books or fines on your Library account may delay the receipt of your final results and graduation.
If you have any problems renewing items, or if you wish to pay your fines in order to renew your books, please visit the Service Desk, or telephone the library on 020 7862 8500, press option 3 during operating hours (you don’t need your membership card with you to do this). You can also pay outstanding fines online via the University of London Online Store.
Please remember that fines are charged on all overdue Library books.