Object Oriented Programming specialisation
In this specialisation, you will be able to explore five interconnected courses which aim to help you to become confident working in the object-oriented paradigm in the C++ language.
How the specialisation works
The Object Oriented Programming specialisation is a series of related courses designed to help you master the paradigm of objected-oriented programming. You can begin the specialisation by enrolling on the entire specialisation or a single course in the specialisation. When you finish and pay for a specialisation, you get a Specialisation Certificate. You'll also get Course Certificates for each course you complete in a specialisation.
During the five courses, you will work with the instructor on a single project: a cryptocurrency exchange platform. While building the project, you will learn about a range of programming techniques from basic control flow and input/output through to file parsing, object-oriented techniques, and user interaction on the console.
Each course runs at two weeks and is available to study online via Coursera, the world’s leading MOOC provider. C++ is one of the best object-oriented programming languages for creating large scale applications for varied uses from games, operating systems on computers, to medical technology and much more.
The specialisation draws upon content from the BSc Computer Science, Objec orientated programming module.
Programme duration: Approximately 10 weeks, each course is 2 weeks.
The 5 courses in this specialisation to learn are:
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming in C++
- C++ Programming: Classes and Data
- Object-Oriented Programming in C++: Functions
- Working with Objects in C++
- Use C++ to build a Crypto Trading Platform: Final System
What you will learn by the end of the specialisation:
- You will be able to write, compile and run a C++ program that takes user input and prints messages to the console.
- You will have completed developing a simplified cryptocurrency trading platform.
- You will be able to use loops and if statements to create an interactive menu system.
- You will be able to select appropriate data types to represent a dataset in a C++ program.
Skills you will gain
- Control Flow
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Command-Line Interface
- Exception Handling.
- Basic programming skills in any language (preferred C++)
- Basic understanding of object-oriented programming
- Basic understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Basic understating of software testing and project planning.