Financial management in sport
This module provides learners with the ability to apply the various concepts of the broad discipline of financial management, in a realistic manner, in any modern sport context or organisation. By introducing and applying a range of appropriate techniques, based on recognised financial theories, this module develops a critical awareness and appreciation of the role of financial management in modern sport organisations.
- The role of financial management in a sports organisation
- Using key financial instruments (Part 1): balance sheets
- Using key financial instruments (Part 2): profit and loss statements; cash flow forecasts
- Using key ratios for sport
- Using budgets and techniques for financial forecasting
- Using KPIs and internal control systems
- Applying key principles of financial planning
- Investment appraisal techniques and risk analysis.
By the end of the module you will be able to:
- explain the main terminology and concepts used in financial management.
- apply these concepts to decision making in sport organisations.
- correctly record, report and budget for the financial consequences of, transactions and events.
- critically analyse, interpret and use financial statements and reports in decision making.
- One two-hour unseen written examination (100 per cent)