Learning and development
This module explores the meaning of learning and development, and its significance within the corporate framework. The module also examines methods of identifying training needs, and issues pertaining to the transfer of training, task requirements and the transfer climate. Furthermore, the roles of e-learning, team training and development, diversity and intercultural training are critically evaluated.
Please note the availability of this module is for Term 1: September/October to December.
On completion of this module, you will be able to:
- understand the influence of organisational strategy on the role and practice of training and development.
- consider the role of training models and their use as a tool for informing human resource development.
- identify training needs and understand what is involved in training needs analysis.
- select training methods and consider their influence on trainee development (at individual and team levels) and training transfer.
- critically review the techniques available for the evaluation of training and consider their role in practice.
One two-hour unseen written examination.