Operations and quality management
This module introduces you to the key components of driving successful projects forward, including operations, strategy, process and quality management.
Operations and quality management are integral parts of any successful business. When done effectively, they help to ensure the quality of goods, the productivity of staff, and the overall satisfaction of your customers.
In this module, you’ll gain an understanding of the key aspects and practices involved in operations management, such as scheduling activities, procurement and the supply chain.
You’ll also look closely at the concepts and theories of quality management, including planning, control and assurance, and learn how to apply these as part of the project management process.
Main topics of the module include:
- Operations and processes
- Product and service design processes
- Capacity and inventory management
- Resource planning and control
- Supply network design and configuration
- Total quality management
On successful completion of this module, you will be expected to be able to:
- show an advanced understanding of the key aspects and practices in the management of operations and processes, including scheduling of activities, procurement and supply chain.
- show an advanced understanding of the key concepts and theories in quality management and ability to apply them as part of the project management process.
- show a good grounding in the historical evolution of operations and production management concepts from craft production, through to mass production, lean production, agile manufacturing, modular manufacturing and mass customisation.
- show an in-depth understanding of the totality of the tools, comprising lean methods of production and kaizen continuous improvement activities.
- Coursework (100%): A written essay of a maximum of 3,000 words. The coursework is designed to check student progress, extend and reinforce concepts covered and also test individual performance.