Organization and Change Perspectives
Please note the availability of this module is for Term 2: January to March.
By completing this module, you will be able to:
- critically compare and contrast the usefulness of different perspectives and theories of organisational change.
- appreciate the strengths and limitations of rational, planned and strategic perspectives on change.
- explore concepts of power, resistance and the politics of change.
- identify and evaluate the importance of ‘practice’ in understanding how change is managed.
- understand the roles of ‘agency’, and especially change leaders and change agents, in processes of organisational change.
- use academic research effectively in evaluating different perspectives on organisational change.
One two-hour unseen written examination.
This module introduces students to the purpose, operations and implications of management by exploring the contexts within which management takes place.Module
This module introduces you to the key components of driving successful projects forward, including operations, strategy, process and quality management.Module
This module will examine the ethical issues of corporate governance and social responsibility in modern organisations.Module