Securing human rights
This module critically examines strategies employed by inter-governmental and non-governmental organisations, civil society groups and governmental agencies to secure human rights.
Section A – Actors and Mechanisms
- Overview of the role of various key players in implementing human rights
Section B - Skills and strategies
- The practical abilities needed to run human rights projects
- Lobbying, media, fundraising and campaigning
- Using a human rights-based approach in project management
- Research, monitoring and reporting.
This module exposes students to the practical work of various human rights actors, the contexts in which they operate, the techniques they use, and the challenges they face.
This module is assessed by two items of coursework (70% of the overall grade), and three E-tivities (30%).