Sports event management
This module will consider a range of issues relating to successful sporting event management, from bidding and developing the event to assessing the risks and planning the event through to staffing of events and evaluation of the event’s success.
The module will also focus on the creation of sustainable events and on designing the legacies to maximise the contribution made by the event.
- Bidding for sporting events
- Event creation, design and development
- Event planning: processes, risk management and readiness
- Event planning methodology
- Event organisation, human resources and volunteering
- Sustainable event management
- Event impact and legacy
- Event evaluation and evolution
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- apply models and concepts to evaluate the challenges and opportunities in hosting and managing major sporting events.
- evaluate case studies of major sporting events to identify best practice.
- design and develop effective processes for the different stages of event management.
- apply learning on major sporting events to their own and other contexts.
- One limited-text presentation and accompanying 2,500-word report (100 per cent)