Sports marketing, sponsorship and media
This module takes the core principles of marketing; analysing sports markets, evaluating the brands and differential advantages of sports organisations and how these meet the needs and wants of sports fans, and critically appraises the challenges and opportunities in implementing sports marketing strategies through the sports marketing mix, of services, people, processes, promotion, prices and place.
The module also focuses on the role of sponsorship and media for sports organisations.
Sports market analysis and strategy
- Sports markets and sports marketing
- Fan-based analysis and fan engagement
- Sports brands
The sports marketing mix
- The Sports Servicescape and fan experience
- Pricing and promotion in sport
- Sports sponsorship: trends, motivations and effectiveness
- Sponsorship activation
- Changing channels to sports marketing: media and media rights
By the end of this module learners will be able to:
- analyse fan-bases and fan motivations for engagement with sport.
- critically evaluate key sports marketing concepts and apply these to their own and other contexts.
- develop strategies for the creation and management of successful sports brands.
- evaluate the challenges and opportunities in the sports marketing mix and recommend effective strategies for addressing these.
- One oral (recorded) presentation and accompanying transcript of 750 words (30 per cent)
- One 2,000-word marketing plan (70 per cent)