Topics in international human rights law
This module aims to develop a more advanced legal understanding around a broad range of crucially important aspects of human rights principles and practice.
Section A - Securing Social Justice through Human Rights Law
- explores how international law engages with key questions of social justice that go to the very heart of the discipline
- the principle of equality to economic, social and cultural rights
- the human rights of women
- business and human rights
Section B – Securing Human Rights during Armed Conflict
- How law seeks to protect human dignity during armed conflict and other public emergencies
- An introduction to International Humanitarian Lawinternational law on refugees and internally displaced persons.
This module is assessed by one item of coursework (70% of the overall grade), and three E-tivities (30%).