LSHTM early payment fee reduction
Offer holders for the 2023/24 session will receive a 5 per cent fee reduction on their LSHTM Registration fees paid before 30 June. Offer holders for 2023/24 who pay their LSHTM Registration fees between 1 and 31 July will have their Application Fee reimbursed.
If you are eligible for the fee reduction, you will be provided with a discount code that can be used when you register.
Further details on how to receive the fee reduction will be provided to you once you receive your offer to register.
The fee reduction does not cover Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Sales Tax.
To have your application fee reimbursed, the university must receive full payment of your ‘registration fees’ between 1 and 31 July.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the University of London LSHTM early payment awards for 2023/2024 LSHTM offer holders:
- These Terms and Conditions cover the 5 percent fee reduction and the reimbursement of the Application Fee. Together called the (“LSHTM early payment awards”).
- You will only be considered for the fee reduction until you are eligible for an offer for the following 2023/24 programmes - MSc, PG Diploma, PG Certificate or Individual Module in Clinical Trials, Epidemiology, Infectious Diseases, Public Health, Global Health Policy, and Health in Humanitarian Crises.
- You will be issued with a fee reduction code with your offer, provided your offer is sent before 30 June.
- To benefit from the 5 per cent fee reduction, full payment of your Registration fees must be received by the University on or before 30 June. The fee reduction code will expire on 30 June at 23.59 GMT. Any fees which have had the fee reduction code applied, but full payment has not been received on or by 30 June, will have the fee reduction reversed.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the fee reduction is available for students who first register for the 2023/24 programme only. You cannot be considered for the fee reduction if you are a currently registered student, and it cannot be retroactively applied.
- The fee reduction can be applied against the Full Course Fee, or the Initial Registration Fee and Modules Fees. It does not cover the Application Fee, Recognition of Prior Learning Fees, textbooks, or Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Sales Tax charges.
- The fee reduction value is 5 per cent of the relevant fee deducted from your programme fees.
- The fee reduction may be awarded in addition to other scholarships and funding, but it cannot be used in conjunction with any other University of London bursary or scholarships, including the Application Fee reimbursement.
- The fee reduction cannot be transferred to another individual.
- Students awarded a fee reduction but who subsequently withdraw from their course of studies will no longer be eligible for the fee reduction.
- The fee reduction cannot be retroactively applied to studies in previous academic years.
Application fee reimbursement
- Upon receipt of full payment of your Full Course Fee, or Initial Registration Fee and Modules Fees between 1 and 31 July the application fee of £107 along with any associated GST or Sales Tax will be reimbursed to you. Application Fees paid before 1 July, provided the 5 per cent fee reduction Code has not been applied, are eligible for the reimbursement.
- The reimbursement will be given on the following 2023/24 programmes - MSc, PG Diploma or PG Certificate in Clinical Trials, Epidemiology, Infectious Diseases, Public Health, Global Health, and Health in Humanitarian Crises.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Application Fee reimbursement is available for students who first register for the 2023/24 programme only. You cannot be considered for the Application Fee reimbursement if you are a currently registered student, and it cannot be retroactively applied.
- Registration fee payments received before 00.00 GMT 1 July or after 31 July 23.59 GMT will not be eligible for the Application fee reimbursement.
- The reimbursement process will be run after 31 July. Should you after receipt of your Registration fees, wish to receive your reimbursement sooner, please inform us and we will process your request.
- Once the Application Fee reimbursement has been processed, the £107 along with any associated GST or Sales Tax can remain on your student record to be used against any future fees or returned to you via the original payment method. If you have a preference, you may write to us so we can process your request.
- The value of the reimbursement cannot be transferred to another individual. Depending on the original payment method used it may take up to two weeks for the reimbursement to be received.
- The Application Fee reimbursement may be awarded in addition to other scholarships and funding, but it cannot be used in conjunction with any other University of London bursary or scholarships, including the LSHTM 5 per cent fee reduction.
- The Application Fee reimbursement cannot be retroactively applied to studies in previous academic years.
- As part of the LSHTM early payment awards, the University may ask you to participate in marketing related activities and/or events to promote and share your experiences of the LSHTM early payment awards. Examples of typical activities and/or events may include participating in an interview, providing a profile for the University website or prospectus or attending an open day or induction event. If you participate in such activities and/or events, you agree for the University to use any material resulting from such activities and/or events for the purposes of publicity material and/or for the education of other students, whether electronically or in print. You furthermore release and discharge the University and its agents, representatives and assignees from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the publicity material, including without limitation any and all claims for invasion of privacy and defamation. Additionally, you agree that the copyright of any publicity material shall be wholly vested in the University and you hereby assign to the University any and all rights in the publicity material.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you are giving the University the right to hold and process your personal data, including some sensitive personal data. The University will process this personal data (including any personal data provided as part of participation in a marketing related activity and/or event under clause 16) in accordance with the UK Data Protection legislation and the University’s Data Protection Policy. The University will only share data with third parties in accordance with its Data Protection Policy and the University will remain the data controller of the data. The Data Protection Policy is applicable from the time of accepting these Terms and Conditions.
- The University of London and the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) are separate legal entities. In accepting a LSHTM early payment award you agree to the sharing of your personal data between the University and the LSHTM (where relevant) for the purposes of the management of your LSHTM early payment award.
- Each of the clauses of these Terms and Conditions operate separately. If a clause or any part of a clause is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the University in relation to the LSHTM early payment awards. All previous agreements, arrangements and understandings between you and the University relating to the LSHTM early payment awards, whether written or oral, shall have no legal effect unless expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions.