Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarships
The scholarships are offered on the following programmes:
- 3 MSc Professional Accountancy scholarships
- 10 Postgraduate Laws LLM scholarships
- 2 MSc Accounting and Financial Management scholarships
- 5 scholarships between BSc Computer Science and MSc Data Science
- 6 scholarships between BSc Business Administration, BSc Marketing, MSc Cyber Security, MSc Project Management
- 1 MA Global Diplomacy scholarship
- 5 LLB scholarships
- 2 Global MBA scholarships
Please be aware that not all programmes still have scholarships available for the 2023-24 academic year. Scholarships are still available for the following programmes only:
Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarships
To be eligible for the scholarship you must:
- Have an offer for either the MSc Accounting and Financial Management, MSc Professional Accountancy, LLM, BSc Business Administration, BSc Marketing, MSc Project Management, BSc Computer Science, MSc Data Science, MA Global Diplomacy, MSc Cyber Security, Global MBA or the LLB.
- Be a new student; or have become displaced in the course of your current study with the University of London.
- Have refugee or displaced person status evidenced by formal documentation.
- Submit a programme application form. If the programme you are applying for has an application fee that you are unable to pay, please contact us selecting the Scholarships and Bursaries category on the enquiry.
- Once you have submitted the programme application form and received an offer, you can submit your scholarship application here - enquiry form. Select the scholarships and bursaries category on the enquiry form.
- You must also upload evidence of your refugee or displaced persons status and ensure the scholarship application form is fully completed. Your application cannot be considered without a fully completed form and the required evidence.
Download the scholarship application form [Word Doc]
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please ensure that you submit both the programme application and the scholarship application at least two weeks before the programme application deadline. Applications submitted after this time may not be considered.
The following terms and conditions apply to the University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship.
The University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship is available for the University of London distance learning programmes only.
- You will not be considered for the University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship until you have received an offer for one of the available programme listed.
- The University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship will be applied against the course fees payable to the University of London.
- The University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship may be awarded in addition to other scholarships and funding, but it cannot be used in conjunction with any other University of London bursary or scholarships.
- The University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship may be reviewed on an annual basis and cannot be transferred to another individual.
- Students awarded a University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship but who subsequently withdraw from their course of studies will no longer be eligible for the University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship.
- The University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship cannot be retroactively applied to studies in previous academic years.
- The University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship will be valid for the maximum period of registration for your programme.
- The University reserves the right to terminate the University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship if you are found to have omitted key information or have provided untrue, inaccurate, incomplete or fraudulent information on your application form or in any additional information provided to the University and used in the determination of the award of your University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship.
- You agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the University of London. If you do not abide by these rules and regulations, or if you do not meet the requirements (including the academic requirements) to continue or complete the distance learning course, the University reserves the right to withdraw the University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship with immediate effect.
- You undertake to use your best efforts to fulfil the academic requirements of the short course.
- As part of the University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship award, the University may ask you to participate in marketing related activities and/or events to promote and share your experiences of the University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship. You are under no obligation to undertake any of these activities. Examples of typical activities and/or events may include participating in an interview, providing a profile for the University website. If you participate in such activities and/or events, you agree for the University to use any material resulting from such activities and/or events for the purposes of publicity material and/or for the education of other students, whether electronically or in print. You furthermore release and discharge the University and its agents, representatives and assignees from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the publicity material, including without limitation any and all claims for invasion of privacy and defamation. Additionally, you agree that the copyright of any publicity material shall be wholly vested in the University and you hereby assign to the University any and all rights in the publicity material.
- You may be asked to provide a report outlining the impact of your study and research - this is a requirement of being a scholarship recipient. Failure to provide the report may result in the withdrawing of your scholarship.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you are giving the University the right to hold and process your personal data, including some sensitive personal data. The University will process this personal data (including any personal data provided as part of participation in a marketing related activity and/or event under clause 16) in accordance with the UK Data Protection legislation and the University’s Data Protection Policy. The University will only share data with third parties in accordance with its Data Protection Policy and the University will remain the data controller of the data. The Data Protection Policy is applicable from the time of accepting these Terms and Conditions.
- Each of the clauses of these Terms and Conditions operate separately. If a clause or any part of a clause is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the University in relation to the University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship. All previous agreements, arrangements and understandings between you and the University relating to the University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship, whether written or oral, shall have no legal effect unless expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- If the University fails to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions, or if the University does not enforce its rights against you, or if the University delays in doing so, that will not mean that the University has waived its rights against you and that will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If the University waives a default by you of the University of London Refugee and Displaced Persons Scholarship, the University will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that it will automatically waive any later default by you.
- These are the Terms and Conditions between you and the University. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of the terms of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions, and any matters arising out of or in relation to these Terms and Conditions, are governed and construed in accordance with English law. The parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in relation to these Terms and Conditions.