Royal Veterinary College Bursary
The bursary is available to the following Royal Veterinary College students:
- Those who have already completed a 240-hour individual module and now want to progress to the degree programme
- RVC graduates who now wish to register for the Veterinary Epidemiology and Public Health programme (Pg Cert, Pg Dip and MSc)
If you wish to apply for the bursary you will need to provide appropriate documentation showing your RVC alumni status.
You can select this bursary in the ‘Scholarships and bursaries’ section of the online application form.
If you wish to apply for the bursary after you have submitted your application for the programme you can do so via our online enquiry system(link to enquiry form). Please ensure to provide your student number.
You must submit your request for this bursary either on your application form or via the online enquiry system at least 2 weeks before the registration deadline for your programme.
The following terms and conditions apply to the Royal Veterinary College Bursary:
- To be eligible for the discount, you must be enrolling to study on the Veterinary Epidemiology and Public Health programme (Pg Cert, Pg Dip and MSc) distance learning programme.
- The discount is only available to graduates of the Royal Veterinary College who have completed a Batchelors or Masters, or RVC students who have already completed a 240-hour individual module and now want to progress to the degree programme.
- If you request the discount past the deadline for the current session, we cannot award you the discount.
- The Royal Veterinary College Bursary will be applied against any fees payable to the University of London including (but not limited to) registration fees and examination entry fees. The discount does not apply to the following: application fees, recognition of prior learning fees, module continuation fees for postgraduate courses, registration extension fees, postgraduate examination resit fees, examination rechecks, and fees that are charged by third parties, such as local teaching support or for local exam centres.
- The discount may be awarded in addition to other scholarships and funding, but it cannot be used in conjunction with any other University of London bursary or scholarships.
- The University reserves the right to terminate the discount if you are found to have omitted key information or have provided untrue, inaccurate, incomplete or fraudulent information on your application form or in any additional information provided to the University and used in the determination of the award of your discount.
- You agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the University of London.
- You undertake to use your best efforts to fulfil the academic requirements of the programme that you are registered on.
- As part of the award of the discount, the University may ask you to participate in marketing related activities and/or events to promote and share your experiences. Examples of typical activities and/or events may include participating in an interview, providing a profile for the University website or prospectus or attending an open day or induction event. If you participate in such activities and/or events, you agree for the University to use any material resulting from such activities and/or events for the purposes of publicity material and/or for the education of other students, whether electronically or in print. You furthermore release and discharge the University and its agents, representatives and assignees from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the publicity material, including without limitation any and all claims for invasion of privacy and defamation. Additionally, you agree that the copyright of any publicity material shall be wholly vested in the University and you hereby assign to the University any and all rights in the publicity material.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you are giving the University the right to hold and process your personal data, including some sensitive personal data. The University will process this personal data (including any personal data provided as part of participation in a marketing related activity and/or event under clause 16) in accordance with the UK Data Protection legislation and the University’s Data Protection Policy. The University will only share data with third parties in accordance with its Data Protection Policy and the University will remain the data controller of the data. The Data Protection Policy is applicable from the time of accepting these Terms and Conditions.
- The University of London and any relevant Federation Member Institutions are separate legal entities. In accepting the discount you agree to the sharing of your personal data between the University and a Federation Member Institution (where relevant) for the purposes of the management of your discount.
- Each of the clauses of these Terms and Conditions operate separately. If a clause or any part of a clause is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the University in relation to the Royal Veterinary Bursary. All previous agreements, arrangements and understandings between you and the University relating to the discount, whether written or oral, shall have no legal effect unless expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- If the University fails to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions, or if the University does not enforce its rights against you, or if the University delays in doing so, that will not mean that the University has waived its rights against you and that will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If the University waives a default by you of the Royal Veterinary College Bursary, the University will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that it will automatically waive any later default by you.
- These are the Terms and Conditions between you and the University. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of the terms of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions, and any matters arising out of or in relation to these Terms and Conditions, are governed and construed in accordance with English law. The parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in relation to these Terms and Conditions.