Taster courses for schools
University of London Taster Courses are short courses at participating universities in and around London.
They are one day or half day courses (some run slightly longer). They give you the opportunity to try out a variety of subjects.
This can benefit you in various ways:
- Career planning: develop your career thinking and explore different options. Many job roles don’t require specific degree subjects and you’ll be able to explore how university can enhance your skills.
- Subject: try out an area of study, including new ones that you haven’t had the chance to study at school.
- University study: sample university study, without commitment and free of charge.
- Access to lecturers: hear from and be able to speak to subject experts.
- London life: learn about life as a student in the capital.
- Teaching: experience the different teaching methods used by university academics.
- Extras: gain an insight into the additional facilities available, whilst meeting other students from across the UK.
For more information, including on the advantages of taking a Taster Course, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
University of London Taster Courses
cost of attending a taster course
Courses range from voice and drama, to medicine and nursing, to computing and business and many more.
2022-23 courses include many that you will not have had a chance to study before, such as Pharmacology, Biomedical Engineering, Veterinary Nursing, or East European Languages.
Applications are made online via our simple online form. When you have seen one, or more, you would like to apply for, simply click ‘Apply’ from within the page for each taster course.
Applications are made individually for each course, via a simple online form, directly from our web pages. When you search for a Taster Course through the Taster Course Search page, click on the course which interests you, and then on the Apply button.
You will need to complete some simple details, and in some cases the university might ask for a 150-word (maximum) statement in addition. Please view the Frequently Asked Questions for full details.
If you need any further information, please contact us on 020 7863 6046 or email email@example.com.
The following universities participate in the university taster courses.
- Birkbeck, University of London*
- City University London
- The Courtauld Institute of Art*
- Goldsmiths, University of London*
- King’s College London*
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)*
- Queen Mary, University of London*
- Royal Holloway, University of London*
- Royal Veterinary College*
- St George's, University of London*
- SOAS, University of London*
- University of London Institute in Paris*