Flexible online learning to suit you
Wherever you are in the world, take your studies with you thanks to our excellent range of online degrees.
Our online learning options allow you to study wherever you are, arranging your studies around your work or family life. You learn using study materials resources that are designed for active learning. You can also connect with other students around the world via our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
What are the advantages of online learning?
- Study anywhere: Many of our degrees can be studied online from wherever you are.
- Learn at your own pace: You'll have the flexibility to fit your studies around your schedule and work commitments on a part-time or full-time basis.
- Value for money: Fees for online degrees are generally lower than on-campus courses. You will also save on the cost of relocating to London to complete your degree.
- Free tasters: In addition to our degrees the University of London offers a range of free online taster courses and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), many of which have been developed by world experts from our federation members.
- Individual modules: Many of our online degrees are split into courses or modules that can be studied individually. Short courses are useful for continuing professional development, refreshing your knowledge, or exploring a new area of interest.
How are you supported?
When you register, we will give you access to the Student Portal. You can then access your University of London email account and other key resources including the Virtual Learning Environment, the Student Guide and the Online Library.
We also offer our students a wealth of careers resources and guidance. To find out more about the career support available to our students, please visit our Careers Service page.
Is online learning recognised?
Our prestigious qualifications are internationally recognised, combining the flexibility of online learning with the academic rigour and structure of an on-campus programme.
However, in some countries, qualifications earned by online and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register.
Is online study right for you?
Our students benefit from the flexibility to choose where and when they study at a pace that fits their lifestyle.
Online learning was not only the cheaper option but it also allowed me to work full-time and not have to put my career on hold back home. This option allows me to do both – I can obtain my master’s and keep growing professionally.Anael Bodwell, Seychelles | MSc Professional Accountancy
If you prefer more structured study
There are many advantages to studying online, but there are some challenges you should consider – in particular, effective time management and the lack of social interaction.
If you prefer structured study support in a traditional learning environment, you can study many of our degrees full-time with local teaching support at a Recognised Teaching Centre.