Skip to main content

About local teaching centres

While most of our programmes have been designed for independent study, over half of our students choose to receive additional tuition and support from one of our Recognised Teaching Centres.

We work with a network of over 120 institutions all over the world. Each of these has met a set of quality requirements to ensure that they have the capabilities and expertise to support our programmes.

Institutions that enter into an agreement with the University are referred to as University of London Recognised Teaching Centres.

Find a teaching centre in your country.

Gain a life-changing education from anywhere in the world.

What support do you receive?

Some of our Recognised Teaching Centres offer lectures and seminars. This allows you to discuss academic issues in small groups with a tutor.

Classes may be provided full-time or part-time. Check that the level of support fits with your schedule.

You can also benefit from academic and recreational facilities, including libraries, computer facilities, and clubs or special interest groups.

Some Recognised Teaching Centres offer online support, which may be useful if you live too far away to attend regularly.

You may receive extra study materials, such as audio and video lectures, and the opportunity to participate in online discussions.

Enrol at a local centre

Enrolling at a teaching centre is separate from registering as a student with the University of London.

To benefit from local teaching support, you must enrol and pay any tuition fees charged by that centre.

You should await our confirmation that you are eligible to study your chosen programme before you do so.

How do I choose the right centre?

Programmes you must study at a Recognised Teaching Centre

  • LSE lead programmes (with the exception degrees delivered fully online)
  • Certificate of Higher Education in Common Law
  • Certificate of Higher Education in Computing and Information Systems
  • Certificate of Higher Education in Creative Computing
  • Certificate of Higher Education in Business Administration
  • International Foundation Programme

For these programmes, you must register and study at a centre that has been approved to teach that programme.

Find a teaching centre in your country.

Our quality process

Once we approve teaching centres to support our students, they become a University of London Recognised Teaching Centre in accordance with our new framework.

Read more about the Recognition Framework.

Becoming a Recognised Teaching Centre

Supporting our students

If you are interested in supporting our students, or would like to have your existing support more formally recognised, The Becoming a Recognised Teaching Centre [PDF] and Teaching Centre Recognition Framework provides you with further information and details on how the University considers institutions for recognition.

Following your review of these documents and if you would like to express an interest in working with the University of London, please contact with:

  • the name of your institution
  • a brief overview of who you are
  • what you currently teach
  • your size. 
  • Please include links to any established websites and social media channels.

Some Teaching Centres will still show the previous framework terminology (Candidate, Registered or Affiliate) for a short time, until all Centres have been regularised.